Quick and Easy!
- 4 Early Girl or other medium size tomatoes (firm, not too ripe)
- 1/2 cup home made mayonnaise
- 1 whole egg
- 3 oz Bella Sun Luci extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB red wine (or other) vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 oz sour cream
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 TB finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TB Bella Sun luci Bruschetta
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 small pinch cayenne
- salt & pepper to taste
- Directions for Mayonnaise: Put egg, vinegar, and Dijon mustard into blender or small food processor. Blend till smooth and then drizzle olive oil to emulsify; taste and adjust seasoning.
- Cut the tops off of the tomatoes. Reserve the tops for another dish in the future.
- Gently hollow out the tomatoes with a melon baller or a grapefruit spoon.
- Discard the insides of the tomato. Set aside the 4 tomato cups on a paper towel.
- Divide the mayo evenly into two mixing bowls. One bowl will become the chive dip, the other will become the southwest dip. *(you can substitute store-bought mayo if necessary)
- For the Chive Dip, put 2 oz sour cream and 2 oz cream cheese into one bowl.
- Put 1 TB parmesan, 1/2 tsp garlic, and 1/4 bunch chopped chives (reserving few for garnish) into each bowl.
- For the Southwest Dip, put 1 oz sour cream and 1 oz cream cheeses into the other bowl.
- Put the Bruschetta, paprika, and cayenne into the Southwest dip.
- Taste and adjust seasoning of both dips.
- Fill two tomato cups with each of the dips.
- Garnish with remaining chopped chives.
This and other recipes available at www.MooneyFarms.com
Mooney Farms 1220 Fortress Street Chico CA, 95973 Phone: 530.899.2661 Fax: 530.899.7746