Quick and Easy!
- 4 large thick slices of crusty Italian bread
- 2 large whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 TB + 1 tsp Bella Sun Luci Arbequina olive oil
- 2 C garbanzo beans in sun dried tomato sauce
- ½ C Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes halves or julienne in oil
- ¼ C Bella Sun Luci Bruschetta
- 8 basil leaves, whole
- 8 rosemary sprigs, 4 of them whole (as shown) and 4 of them chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your garbanzos according to the package’s instructions (or use canned…a 15-ounce can is fine), drain well then add the chopped rosemary and garlic pieces and heat in a sauce pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the 1 TB olive oil with the bruschetta and sun dried tomatoes halves or julienne in their oil, then mix into the heated garbanzos. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Toast or grill the bread. When hot and toasty rub the garlic all over each side. This is the “fettunta”. Mince the leftover pieces garlic and add to the garbanzos.
- Drizzle or brush the 1 tsp olive oil evenly over the 4 slices bread (1/4 tsp per slice).
- Top with the garbanzos, making sure some of the sun dried tomatoes julienne are showing on top. Garnish with the remaining rosemary and the basil leaves.
This and other recipes available at www.MooneyFarms.com
Mooney Farms 1220 Fortress Street Chico CA, 95973 Phone: 530.899.2661 Fax: 530.899.7746