Quick and Easy!
- 5-6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms and ¼ cup dried mushroom pieces
- 3 total tsp BSL extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ small-medium yellow onion fine dice
- ½ cup pancetta medium dice
- 2 cups Bells Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Risotto
- 2 oz. (1/2 stick) butter
- ¼ cup + 1 TB grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the stock to simmer.
- In a second pan, sauté the mushrooms in 2 tsp of the oil with salt and pepper to taste, until brown/soft.
- In a separate heavy bottom sauce pan heat 1 tsp of the oil to medium hot, add the onion, pancetta then the rice, turn to medium high and sauté 30 seconds-1 minute stirring constantly with a wood spoon.
- Add 2 cups stock and stir constantly until most of the liquid is absorbed but it’s still wet, about 4 minutes.
- Continue to add stock and stir, ¼ cup at a time for 18-19 minutes or until slightly al dente, but not crunchy.
- Turn off the flame and add any remaining stock to make the risotto glossy then add the butter and ¼ cup parmesan stirring constantly to incorporate.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
This and other recipes available at www.MooneyFarms.com
Mooney Farms 1220 Fortress Street Chico CA, 95973 Phone: 530.899.2661 Fax: 530.899.7746