Quick and Easy!
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes julienne cut or halves in oil, oil drained and set aside, sun dried tomatoes pureed and set aside separately
- 4 lg garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1/2 tsp whole dry oregano
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 20 oz crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan and fresh thyme leaves (or other fresh herbs) for garnish
- Over a medium flame in a large sauce pan, heat 1 Tbs of the sun dried tomato oil and sauté the garlic, stirring often until light golden.
- Add the oregano, stir 15 seconds, add the wine and reduce until 1/2-1 oz liquid remains. Add the heavy cream, bring to a simmer, stirring often without boiling over, add the 20 oz tomatoes and sun dried tomato puree.
- Heat to simmering, turn to low and simmer 10 minutes stirring often, season with salt and pepper and serve hot over just-cooked, well-drained fettuccine.
- Garnish with thyme (or other fresh herbs) and parmesan.
This and other recipes available at www.MooneyFarms.com
Mooney Farms 1220 Fortress Street Chico CA, 95973 Phone: 530.899.2661 Fax: 530.899.7746