Quick and Easy!
- 3/4 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 cups Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Risotto
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper and spread the peeled and cubed butternut squash in a single layer on the pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the squash and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the squash is roasting, bring the chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan.
- In a separate large stock pot, sauté the diced yellow onion with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. After onion is translucent, turn the flame up to high and add the 2 cups of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Risotto. Stir constantly for two minutes on high.
- After two minutes, add 1 cup of boiling chicken stock to risotto, constantly stirring.
- Turn heat down to medium and continue cooking, stirring constantly and adding ½ cup of boiling chicken stock at a time until each is absorbed. Always keep the mixture soupy.
- After you have used all of the chicken stock and the risotto is cooked al dente, turn off flame and add butternut squash and stir. Add 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and stir in the butter. If needed add more stock to insure the risotto is slightly soupy and glossy.
This and other recipes available at www.MooneyFarms.com
Mooney Farms 1220 Fortress Street Chico CA, 95973 Phone: 530.899.2661 Fax: 530.899.7746