Delicious and Healthy
Fall Harvest Recipe
The cold weather is upon us so its time to warm up your kitchen with a delicious fall harvest recipe!
Our Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Risotto is the perfect fall dish & with the addition of roasted butternut squash, it’s the perfect Thanksgiving Day side dish!
This rich and creamy rice is made by blending the robust flavor of sun dried tomatoes with Premium Arborio Rice and the perfect mix of Italian herbs. Satisfying as a main course, just simply add your favorite sausage, meat, or seafood to make it a meal!
For this dish, the easiest way to prepare it by purchasing risotto from our online store or your local grocery store. Simply follow the easy directions inside the topper on the lid. Or, if you want to “make it from scratch” here the recipe:
Thanksgiving Day side dish: While the risotto is cooking on the stovetop, place cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, and bake at 350º for approximately 30 minutes. After removing from oven, gently stir squash into risotto and add parmesan cheese if you desire. Serve.
Bella Sun Luci Risotto
· 3 Cups Stock
· 3 Cups Water
· 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
· 1 Med Onion, Chopped
· 2 Cloves Garlic
· 1-Cup Risotto
· ½ Cup Bella Sun Dried Tomatoes ~ Drained & Chopped
· 1 ¼ Tsp Salt
· ¼ Tsp Ground Pepper
· ¼ Cup Freshly Chopped Basil
· 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
· ¼ Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
1. Dilute 3 cups of broth with even parts of water, set aside. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add risotto to mixture and continue to sauté for about 2 minutes until rice is crackling and turning brown.
4. Add 1 cup of liquid along with salt and pepper, stirring constantly until all moisture has been absorbed.
5. Add sun dried tomatoes, basil and parsley. Continue adding 1 cup of liquid at a time and stirring until absorbed. Repeat process.
The risotto should be tender and slightly firm in the center with a creamy sauce. Stir in Parmesan cheese if desired.